Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Past To Present Monuments

Wow, what a difference two years make.

I had an opportunity to revisit a few old business haunting places last week. Two years ago in these same locations, I was stressed out from the job and trying to manage an ongoing project with multiple vendors. In these same locations, business meeting and lunches were conducted with people that I loved working along side.

Fast forward two years later and I now own a successful business traveling the area and the U.S. with speaking, wellness and training engagements. Within one week, I revisited two of these locations with a fond memories (and not so fond) of the past but in a different aspect ... on my own terms.

When you have these defining moments in your life and career, they execute a monument to your past. The monument links your past to the present moment so you can understand where you were and how far you have come. For me, two monuments were erected for each place I visited. I realized that I am the same person I was two years ago but now with the drive, ambition and passion to succeed on my own terms.

I keep track of these monument's to remind me not only on where I came from but where I am today. The future is mine to choose. In a few more years, I hope to erect another monument in these same locations to measure my success on how far I have come and design a new plan for how far I want to go.

Sandra Larkin
http://www.sandralarkin.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home